Matcha powder is not easy to come by. It is pretty rare and very expensive but I got lucky at the Chinese grocery store across the street and found a bag for $5. I doubt it is "authentic" but it tastes good so I don't care. A milk frother is required for this recipe.
What you need:
a scoop of matcha powder
1/4 cup of water
sugar or whatever you like to sweeten your tea, to taste
vanilla soy milk- about 1 cup.
What to do:
1. Put the scoop of matcha powder into a mug with the water and mix with the frother.
2. Add the sweetener you like. I would use as much as you typically like in tea. I used about 1 tsp but I like things sweet. Mix with the frother.
3. Put soy milk in a microwavable mug and nuke for 2 minutes. You could heat it in a sauce pan on the stove if you don't have a microwave.
4. Add half the hot milk to the matcha. Froth the remaining milk so there is lots of foam than add it to the matcha too.
5. Give the whole thing a gentle mix and enjoy.